The trial of miles; miles of trials.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Run

Just before mile nine a car passed me so close I touched it.  He had just came around a corner and the road was snow covered so he was traveling fairly slow.  It was fully light out.  I was on the white line and he yielded me no space.  Without even fully extending my right arm I reached out and dragged my fingers across his passenger front and rear windows.  He jerked the wheel towards the center of the road almost losing control.  I smiled and said to myself, "the poor bastard, just trying to get to work and he's got assholes like me fucking with him."  But then I though how easily he could have killed me or put me in a wheelchair...so I didn't feel so bad.  He got what he deserved and hopefully a lap full of hot coffee. 

1 comment:

  1. Its inexcusable to not give a runner some space.. It really pisses me off. I don't know about you, but when I run on the road I wear a fluorescent green vest, a bright headlamp with a blinking redlight in back. Reflectors on my shoes, and carry a bright flashlight that I usually turn on when a car is coming. there is no reason why they shouldn't see me when they watch the road. I always make it a point to wave and smile to the cars that slow down and yield me some space, in the hopes that they will continue to be runner friendly in the future.

    ReplyDelete