The trial of miles; miles of trials.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Monday and Tuesday Cycle

I got this one in at daybreak...such a beautiful morning!

Part of the reason I bought from the shop I did was they do a custom fitting on the bike to ensure maximum efficiency.  Apparently my body is fairly neutral and I'm rather average because I fit on the 58cm frame with little adjustment.  They spent a lot of time adjusting my shoes and cleats and ended up shimming the right side a bit.  The seat was too high and they had to knock 10mm off the length of the stem.  I had to go with a different stem and ended up taking a 22 gram weight penalty.  I think that is within my tolerance level.  I thought the bike felt a lot better on the way home.  The seat and stem adjustment made a big difference.  Now I guess its time to ride the shit out of that hunk of carbon fiber.  I intend to do so.  

1 comment:

  1. How is your foot affecting the way you pedal? Are you able to apply pressure to the entire revolution?

    ReplyDelete