The trial of miles; miles of trials.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mid-Week Rides

It was a tad cold for this one and I should have layered better, but after the first few miles I was OK.  As Iceman gets closer these road bike rides will dwindle.  As the weather falls apart I will be putting time in on the cycle trainer.  I borrowed a trainer from a friend and already have spun a few miles off.  It's terribly boring, but I have to do what I have to do.


This was my first ride at Anderson Park.  The trail was designed my mountain bikers for mountain bikers so it is a well planned trail with some nice man-mades, berms and log crossings.  BUT it's typical of a trail that is designed in a small area; riddled with twists and turns.  The trail lacks a good consistent flow and has to be ridden at a very low speed.  I'll go back, but I'm not in a big hurry.  I'm much more into the seat-of-your-pants style riding that can be found on the Poto.  That is my most favorite trail in Michigan, hands down.

A nice bridge that is narrow and high enough to require a solid commitment.

Interesting wood berm...you have to be hauling ass to hold your line.














Puffball from hell.  This thing was the size of a beach ball.
Don't ask how I'm averaging over 15 MPH on my silly single speed.  I do know that during this ride I was thinking about how bad I want to destroy the Iceman course!

No comments:

Post a Comment